Canadian army will support 300 citizens in Wuhan to return home

Toronto: The Canadian armed forces will be helping receiving Canadians out of the Wuhan city through a federally chartered plane, as stated by the chief of the defense staff general J.H.Vance.
The CAF medical teams are being tasked to go with the government officials to help Canadians as they are sent back to the Canadian forces base in Trenton, Ont.
Assuring Trenton , Ont. residents, Vance said , “while we host our fellow citizens, as they are undergoing medical observation and evaluation, there is no risk to you and your families”.
The plane was chartered to rescue 325 Canadians who requested to leave the Chinese province Hubei, center of the novel corona virus. Before it deployed to Wuhan, the plane will arrive in Hanoi, Vietnam, as per global affairs Canada on Sunday.
Currently, air space to the locked city Wuhan is blocked, but the plane will land as the Chinese government gives approval. Global affairs have no clue regarding the status of the flight.
Global affairs Canada said, “Both government officials and military personnel are en route to Hanoi”. The group is onrush to obtain visas from the government of china to enter Wuhan.
Justin Trudeau, the prime minister also summoned the incident response group to find out next curse of action in helping the group back to home. The actions would be taken like health screening, observation, and so on.
The department said it is consulting US and Britain for cooperation and taking every necessary step to repatriate those in Wuhan to Canada.
Sylavain Leclerc, the spokesperson for global affairs said “We take the safety and security of Canadians abroad very seriously and provide credible and timely information in our ‘Travel Advice’ to enable Canadians to make well-informed decisions regarding their travel abroad”, further on “was monitoring the situation”.
Leclerc stated “It is important to note that individuals should not present themselves to the airport unannounced as they will not be permitted to board the aircraft”.
On Sunday, the death toll rose to 361 in china, and the number of cases across the globe surged forward to 17,205, as per china’s national health commission and other countries.
Four cases identified in Canada, three in Ontario and one in British Columbia. The Canadian government has not mentioned about seclusion of those coming back from china.
According to the Canadian health official, the chances of spread of virus in Canada are substantially low, despite the widespread fear. However, people should take precautionary measures in case of normal cold and flu.
Jan 29- global affairs Canada increase risk level to circumvent unnecessary travel to china as the novel corona virus outbreaks. The next day, the WHO affirmed the corona virus as a global health emergency.
While explaining reporters about the declaration of global emergency as a result of corona virus, the director general of WHO, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said “Our greatest concern is the potential for this virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems which are ill-prepared to deal with it”.
The Chinese government has approved that only those who entered china along with Canadian visa would be allowed to get on the chartered plane, and Canadian families with Chinese relative are being forced to make a decision of living or leaving china.
Canadian citizens elsewhere in china are urged by Leclerc “that wish to leave should do so while commercial means continue to be available and provided it is safe to do so”. However, cautioned citizen that they “must carefully check entry and exit requirements for the countries they may be transiting through”.
On Sunday, a second French-chartered plane carrying 300 citizens from China touched down at a military base in Bouches-du-Rhone, in southern France. The first plane landed in France on Friday.
Close to 200 Americans were previously evacuated from Wuhan and will be quarantined for two weeks. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said is the first time a federal quarantine has been implemented in the U.S. since the 1960s. At the time, health officials were worried about the potential spread of smallpox.
South Korea is next to US as it quarantines its evacuees who were received on Friday. Residents of Asan and Jincheon protests as evacuees’ facilities were set there. Residents threw eggs and other objects at government officers.
In the interim, the Australian government is defending its proposal to send its expats to Christmas island. Some Australians preferred to stay in china as reported by the Canadian press.–Worldwide News

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*