Medical Services Halt in Gaza Amid Israeli Evacuation Orders

GAZA CITY, Palestine – The Palestinian Red Crescent Society announced on Tuesday that all its medical points in Gaza City have ceased operations due to Israeli evacuation orders affecting multiple areas of the city.

In a statement, the organization explained that its medical points and emergency clinics in the Gaza Governorate are no longer in service “due to the Israeli occupation’s forcible evacuation measures in various areas of the governorate where these medical points and clinics are located.”

Earlier on Tuesday, the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza City reported that it was forced to close after its vicinity came under Israeli fire. The hospital management stated that all patients and displaced people were compelled to leave, putting them at significant risk amid ongoing Israeli attacks.

The Israeli army’s airstrikes in the vicinity of the hospital have made it impossible for people to return to the facility.

On Monday, the Israeli army ordered residents in several neighborhoods across Gaza City to flee as it conducted raids in eastern and southern parts of the city. The Israeli army has systematically targeted many of Gaza’s hospitals during its military operations, rendering most of them out of service.

Despite a UN Security Council resolution demanding an immediate cease-fire, Israel has faced international condemnation for its continued offensive on Gaza following an October 7, 2023 attack by the Palestinian group Hamas.

Local health authorities report that nearly 38,200 Palestinians, mostly women and children, have been killed and nearly 88,000 others injured since the conflict began. Nine months into the Israeli war, vast areas of Gaza lie in ruins under a crippling blockade of food, clean water, and medicine.

Israel has been accused of genocide at the International Court of Justice, which recently ordered it to halt its military operations in the southern city of Rafah, where over a million Palestinians had sought refuge before the city was invaded on May 6.–News Desk